29.1.08

ALSA



ALSA is an ASIAN LAW STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION that is composed 10 membership countries and regions to discuss and exchange opinions of each country about laws and statute for development potential law students in Asian, including Thailand, Japan, Korean, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and China.

A reason that I write about ALSA because I want to participate in the activities of ALSA such as Asian forum, conference, study trip, debate competition and mooting competition that I will get many experiences and I want to practice my English to be better which I can use in the future both studying and working. So I would like to present ALSA to you.

The activity that I will participate on 13 – 22 March, 2008 is study trip between Thailand and Japan that the Japanese’s law students from Waseda University will come to Assumption University at Suwannabhumi Campus so I will be a staff in this study trip. Before I can be a staff, I must be practiced and was interviewed by Assumption University’s committee of ALSA.


The first activity that I practiced is Public Speaking which had a professor who has experiences about a speaking suggested and taught me to speak in public very well and evaluated my speaking that were better or not. In this activity, I was very excited so when I stayed on stage, my hands were shaking that made my point was decreased but this activity helped me to speak boldly more than before.

The second activity is interviewing each position to be a staff in study trip. The position that I volunteer for is a caretaker who must look after the delegates from Japan all trip in Thailand. I think; caretaker will practice the English language more than other positions so if I am a caretaker, my English will improve absolutely. When I was interviewed, I was excited less from the public speaking. I dared to answer the questions that I had to answer them in English. Maybe I was not excited because this time there was no professor here. Now, I am waiting for the interviewing’s result. I hope, I will be a caretaker.

The third activity is ALSA Camp that everyone in ALSA must go to this camp on 1 – 3 February, 2008. The purpose of the camp is ice breaking everybody to have a same thought, to know the process of working, to practice a job, and to know the solution to solve the problems that suddenly happen unexpectedly. I think; I will go there because in a study trip has many activities that every staff should know the detail for efficiency of working.


The activities in study trip are welcome party, campus tour, table discussion, legal course, culture trip, cultural exchange, culture night, cooking night, Farwell party, and others that every activity the delegates from Japan will join with the delegates from Thailand that will make a good relation between two countries.

Finally, I think; every activity that I participated is the benefits for my life. I feel proud in myself; even if, I failed in something because I have an attempt to do everything. Then, I hope, my attempt will be succeed. (I want to be a caretaker.) 555+

No comments: